Martes, Hunyo 12, 2012

How to prevent foundation to oxidize?





picture by google


I love foundation (liquid or powder), it helps me to cover my blemishes with a smooth and natural finish.
But wait! After having this perfection, at the middle of the day my face turned to darker tone(two times darker on my skin tone).
What happen to my face?
Does my foundation did this?
or the pH in my  skin react to the foundation?

If foundation turn to darker tone or orange,this process called oxidation. It happen when the sebum in your face interact with the foundation which causing the color to intensify. Base on the articles that I read, their are many possible causes.

  *This problem also happen in BB cream.


Possible causes:
- your pH is high, means you're acidic.
- the foundation can't handle the humidity.
- the sebum interact with the components of the foundation.
- improper hydrating of skin.
-products that you applied in your skin before foundation(sunblock,moisturizer,toner,etc)
- using wrong shade for your skin tone
-using make- up that already on its death bed.


After knowing the possible causes, their are many ways how to prevent the foundation to oxidize.


Solutions:
1. Use a primer- it serve as a barrier between your skin and the foundation.Maybe it will not really prevent the reaction but still it can minimize the interaction of the sebum in your foundation.
2. Use two times lighter shade of foundation. After an hour you may get the coverage that you really desire.
3.Try to experiment, maybe some products may work on you or not.
4. I just read while ago,you can mix a small amount of baking soda in your powder. It can help to minimize the oxidation.
5. Check the expiration date of the make up. Some make up don't have expiration date, so before buying any make up ask the sales lady how long is the lifespan of the item.


Below I provide you a list when you need to dispose your make-up.
source:Thinkstock


DO NOT COPY



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento